Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's officially baking season! Today was the first cold, wet, nasty fall day in DC, and yet I practically skipped home from work with excitement. I finally have an excuse to make some warm, gooey, chocolatey, pumpkin-spicy treat that you can no longer refuse (because bathing suit season is over, break out your chunky sweaters)! The whole walk home I was giddy with the thought of what special treat to make tonight to surprise future hubby when he gets home from law school, no doubt frozen to the bone and grumpy. I finally decided on a homemade version of a childhood favorite--pumpkin pop tarts! I walked into our apartment and, in an almost comical twist of fate, no power in the kitchen! The power company had somehow tripped the electricity ONLY to my kitchen--epic fail. Alas, my plan to make pumpkin pop tarts is delayed until the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment